About the fair
The Arley Hall Shopping Spectacular was set up in 1991 by a committee including Lady Ashbrook in support of local children's charities and it has continued to evolve since it began. Today, this popular shopping Fair exhibits over 60 hand-picked stalls and attracts over 1,500 visitors to Arley Hall. The most recent was a successful fair in aid of The Joshua Tree, a local charity that supports families across Cheshire and the North West who are affected by childhood cancer.
• Over 60 exquisite handpicked stalls including our Artisans Food Court and the Alfresco Christmas Barn, full of gorgeously festive outdoor, garden and floral adornments.
• Many gifts for spoiling those hard to buy for gentlemen.
• A festive bubbles and shopping preview evening where you can shop and enjoy a glass of something sparkly.
• Daytime shopping in the wonderful festive atmosphere and the chance to meet up with friends for a bite to eat in "The Gardener’s Kitchen" at Arley on Wednesday.
• Flood lit parking on Tuesday evening and our very popular mini bus shuttle service to help you get back to your car.
We are delighted to host the Shopping Spectacular in the magnificent surroundings of Arley Hall.
Arley Hall has been a cherished family home for over 550 years, it’s elaborate ceilings, oak panelling and impressive fireplaces make Arley Hall one of the most interesting and attractive stately homes in the North West.
The Shopping Spectacular supports local childrens charities for 5 year terms.
The 2021 event raised money for The Joshua Tree, a charity based in Northwich who support families affected by childhood cancer by providing counselling, practical and therapeutic help to ensure that life remains as normal as possible during an incredibly traumatic time. The funds raised by the Shopping Spectacular will go towards a new Joshua Tree Support Centre to accommodate growing demand on their services.
From 2011-2015 the Shopping Spectacular raised over £118,000 for the Seashell Trust, a local charity for profoundly disabled children. Previously the event has raised money for the David Lewis Centre, the Petty Pool Trust, the Together Trust and Elizabeth Fitzroy Homes.
The Shopping Spectacular brings together a fabulous array of over 60 hand-picked stalls from all corners of the country offering delicious food and stunning gifts and treats for all, from stocking fillers to that extra special present. Each year at least half of the stalls are first time exhibitors at Arley Hall so the event is kept fresh and exciting for the loyal visitors who support the Shopping Spectacular.
The event is organised and run by the Arley Hall Shopping Spectacular Committee, a team of volunteers, who give up their time throughout the year to organise this wonderful event for the Charity. 10% of everything spent at the Fair goes directly to the Charity so Christmas shopping can be enjoyed in the knowledge that it is helping a worthy cause.